"In prayer before the Eucharistic Throne, we bring to the Lord our brothers and sisters throughout the world.
We were founded in Steyl, Holland in 1896 by Saint Arnold Janssen, SVD (canonized on October 3, 2003) to support through prayer and sacrifice missionary congregations of men and women.
Mother Mary Michaele was our co-founder and brought our congregation to Philadelphia, Convent of Divine Love in 1915. At present our international congregation has 22 houses in 10 countries.
We are a cloistered-contemplative missionary congregation, living in community, and our sisters are entirely dedicated to contemplative life and perpetual adoration. The rose color of our habits symbolizes our joy and dedication to the Holy Spirit. Our way of life witnesses to the basic truth that God alone is the true center of being, that he alone can satisfy the longings of the human heart, and that every good thing comes from him. The grille is a sign and symbol of the secluded life we have chosen to live in order to rest deeply in the heart of God."